Shaping a sustainable future
HLG Australia aims to create substantial shared value and contributed to the development of society for the generation to come. Today we’re part of the value chain that provides a wide range of innovative and vital products and services to millions of people through our services, investment portfolio companies, and a vast and trusted global partner network. From supporting the delivery of quality healthcare and pharmaceuticals, creating products and places that inspire and enrich people’s lives, to building a business – we have a vast array of solutions to help.
To be successful in the coming decades, we must be part of the response to the great challenges facing the world.
We believe the world needs more climate-efficient products and solutions and strong growth in profitable renewable energy. We will develop our business in support of the ambitions of the Paris climate agreement. We are inspired and guided in our activities by the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, and our commitment to long-term sustainable value creation is in line with the principles of the United Nation’s Global Compact.
Our Position On Climate Change
A core element of our business strategy is to embrace the energy transition and embed our response to climate change into the heart of our operations and processes.
Supporting lower carbon emission
HLG Australia welcomes initiatives towards increased disclosure on carbon performance and climate risk. Our ambition is to further develop our business in support of the ambitions of the Paris climate agreement.
Our business strategy and associated roadmap describe our ambitions and concrete actions to address climate-related business risks and opportunities emerging from the transition to a lower carbon economy. HLG, Australia is aiming to create a low carbon business advantage.
We will continue to engage with investors and other stakeholders to further improve our disclosures of material climate-related risks and opportunities.
We are keen to work with governments, businesses, and organizations to set an effective price for carbon around the world. An effective price for carbon emissions would incentivize the supply and use of lower carbon options, enabling the world to move faster to sustainable energy while meeting growing demand along the way.
- Climate policy measures should be predictable, transparent, and internationally applied to avoid carbon leakage, ensure cost-effectiveness, and create a level playing field in the global market.
- A price on greenhouse gas emissions based on the ‘emitter pays’ principle should be the preferred climate policy framework.
- Multiple regulations of greenhouse gases should be avoided.
- Climate policy measures should be technology and fuel-neutral to maximize innovation through market competition.
- Targeted public investment into research and development and market scaling support are needed to stimulate relevant new and emerging technologies. The level of support should be reduced over time and removed entirely for competitive technologies.
- HLG Australia welcomes initiatives towards increased disclosure on carbon performance and climate risk.
Transparency on climate-related risks
Our ambition is to further develop our business in support of the Paris climate agreement.
Advance cleaner transport
The world needs to embrace new engines, new fuels, and new technologies, and we need investment and policies that support their development.
Our Sustainability Approach
Our values, experience and history tell us that we must work in a way that delivers real, lasting benefits for the owners of our company as well as the broader communities in which we operate.